CANNABINOIDS IN EPILEPSY

CANNABINOIDS IN EPILEPSY

Epilepsy is one of the most common neurological disorders, affecting around 70 million people worldwide. 65% of patients are managed with antiepileptic drugs and lead a normal life but, what about the remaining 35%? These patients suffer from refractory epilepsy,...

Robert Hoban, Global Cannabis Industry Expert.

Robert Hoban, Global Cannabis Industry Expert.

What benefits do you think the implementation of the regulation of medical cannabis in Spain could bring? The nationwide commercial regulation of cannabis provides many benefits that are distinct from merely allowing businesses to exist, like the present status quo in...

THE FUNGAL COMPOSITION

THE FUNGAL COMPOSITION

The fungal composition of the phytobiome of C. sativa, known as the mycobiome, currently consists of more than 100 species of fungi. The most common ones are Aspergillus, Penicillium, Fusarium, and Mucor spp. The interactions of the mycobiome with cannabis and hemp...

HISTORY OF MEDICINAL CANNABIS

HISTORY OF MEDICINAL CANNABIS

Cannabis was discovered around 12,000 years ago in Central Asia. There are records of its use for medicinal purposes before the Common Era in China, Egypt, and Greece, and later in the Roman Empire. The use of medicinal cannabis in Europe was introduced during the...

ANANDAMIDE IN THE HUMAN BODY

ANANDAMIDE IN THE HUMAN BODY

What is anandamide? Anandamide, known as the molecule of happiness, is a component of the endocannabinoid system, which is present in both the human and animal body and is aimed at maintaining the organism's homeostasis, meaning a physiological balance. To achieve...

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THC AND CBD ENTER OUR BODIES?

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THC AND CBD ENTER OUR BODIES?

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD), the main active compounds in cannabis, are substances with significant therapeutic potential. Their effects (scope, intensity, location and duration) primarily depend on their pharmacology. What happen when these...

ALTERNATIVE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS

ALTERNATIVE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS

Medicinal cannabis can be easily consumed through inhalation or via food and drink. The alternative effects of medical cannabis are becoming increasingly known, and the need for alternative methods of use is also growing. Medicinal cannabis can be used to treat many...

JOBS IN THE CANNABIS SECTOR

JOBS IN THE CANNABIS SECTOR

The growth of the European medical cannabis industry is creating jobs in almost every country. The best way we have to classify the jobs in this sector is based on daily contact with the plant. Those who have daily contact, who handle the plants are mainly involved in...

GACP AND GMP REGULATION

GACP AND GMP REGULATION

Cannabis is considered both a pharmaceutical and agricultural product. To ensure its quality, safety, and efficacy, these industries have high levels of regulation. There are two key regulatory frameworks that govern these industries: Good Manufacturing Practices...

ENDOMETRIOSIS

ENDOMETRIOSIS

Endometriosis is a disease that effects 1 in 10 women of reproductive age and involves that abnormal growth of extra-uterine tissues. The main symptom is severe pain that is difficult to relieve without hormones or surgery. Our body has an endocannabinoid system that...

Contacta ahora con nuestros técnicos